Sunday 15 May 2022

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022.

Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working on my family history again, last week or so been working on my wife's tree, her paternal side are from Chaddesley Corbett, so yeaterday we spent a little while in and around Chaddesley taking photos, when viewing Parish records they often reveal the area of the parish in which people were living, some which pop up now and then are Mustow Green and Harvington, which I will add on another day, Chaddesley interests being Woodrow, Bluntingdon, Tanwood, Brockencote, Lark's foot Hill, now Lark's foot hill has got me beat to be honest, I personally think it is where the point to points are held, but I am most probably wrong, if you know the answer then please contact me spennellspensioner@gmail.com 

Anyway let see a few photos: first three are from Woodrow, an area I know well as we used to live only half mile from Woodrow Lane.




Bluntingdon next, at the end of Woodrow Lane.



Cross the road to where the white houses are and you are in Tanwood.



A drive of a mile or so along Tanwood Lane will lead you to Chaddesley Woods.

Come back and turn left into Chaddesley Corbett


    

                                       This one is at the bottom of Briar Hill looking back up.

Stewards Cottage at the foot of Briar Hill

Looking toward the woods from Briar Hill

The Holloway, very narrow lane leads back to woodrow, cross here and nice walk to
Hillpool, lovely waterfall at the bottom of the bank, looks best after some rain.

Took this one a few years ago.

The village centre, always lots of parked cars.


Not the best view but church covered in scaffolding at the moment.


St Cassiens, I took this one a couple of years ago.

Brockencote

Brockencote Hall

Bridge on the main road outside Brockencote, few names here.

Brockencote from the main road, (Bromsgrove Road)

The village Hall

Top of the bank past the point to point for Clattercutt Lane.



Back to the bottom of the bank, looking back up from the school, 
could this have been Larksfoot Hill?

Next mission will be a few photos from Harvington.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...