Sunday 28 January 2018

Spennells and Hurcott

Sunday morning and although not raining the weather wasn't too bad, Captain's Pool was quiet again, had a nose round the fields but only seeing the usual suspects, quite a few twitchers about though, they all seem to have one thing in common, they're looking for corn buntings.
I did see a couple of stonechats in the dead man's allotment with a thrush looking over them.

A walk up to the college and then around the cornfields revealed nothing unusual so I wandered down to Brett's stump, I have found out what's been eating the peanuts, pigeons! Haven't seen the jays lately.
And so I went home for coffee.
Lunch time saw some really dark clouds passing over and with the sun shining as well it made for some lovely lighting so I decided to pop down Hurcott for a change, of course not long after I arrived the light went flat, I did manage a couple of photos before I trotted off home.



Sadly it's going to be a few days before I get out around the fields again, somehow managed to get a trapped nerve in my neck.

For anyone wanting to get email notifications of when I post a new blog then there is now a button at the right of this page just underneath the banner photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...