Thursday 21 June 2018

some unusual bugs


Sunday June 17th 2018
After not going out yesterday I made up for it this morning, it was bright at times so wandered along the Cloisters and by the side of Pirates Wood.

Cucumber Spider

My first Ringlet of the year




Yellow and black Longhorn beetles

Mirid Bug

Birch shieldbug

Crucifer Shieldbug

Blue damselfly

Just shows you need a very steady subject to do focus stacking!
And it was breezy this morning.

Monday 18th June
Only had chance for a quick hour down by the three pools, very quiet due to the high winds, but I did spot a young peacock butterfly caterpillar.

Wednesday 20th June

Dull and blustery morning, had a walk around the carrot field but nothing of interest really until I got down by Pirates Wood where I saw this Emperor Dragonfly sheltering from the wind.


This one is a stack of 3 images, but not perfect as the wind kept moving the subject.

Black & Yellow Longhorn Beetle

Thursday 21st June

Walkabout this morning down by the streams, but very windy, so spent most of the time looking in the undergrowth which revealed this Nursery web spider with it's egg sac.

A walk after tea, well it was such a lovely evening, plenty of macro moths and cinnabar caterpillars around, also painted lady butterflies along with a few small heaths.
Down near Stonechats Lane I came across a tree in which I spotted a couple of goldfinches, couple of swallows and a couple of dunnocks all at the same time.




Dead Man's Allotment, I stood there for ages watching the swallows, must have been at least a dozen of them, tried to get photos in flight but with just a bridge camera I didn't have a chance.


A lone buzzard was circling in the sky but too high for a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...