Friday 13 July 2018

Purple Hairstreak butterfly

Wednesday 11th July

It's school run day so not much walking, an hour early on was my lot, especially as it was England v Croatia on telly, England did well to be fair with such a young and in-experienced squad, but not for one minute did I think they would beat Croatia, Croatia only have a few world class players and that proved to be enough.
England now play Belgium for the third place on Saturday and as much as I would love them to win I just can't see any way in which they can beat Belgium.

Another Brown Argus, I do love these butterflies.

Common Blue

Thursday 12th July, a dull and fresher start, and ventured out for an hour before lunch.
Hoverfly

Speckled Wood close up

Lone tufted duck on Captain's

Friday 13th July
A walk down Stanklyn Lane in very humid conditions, was hoping to see a purple hairstreak as a photo is still eluding me.
My first photo of a Gatekeeper this year was my only bonus for this morning.


Very sunny and humid again this afternoon, I popped along to the tree where I knew there were several hairstreaks, saw quite a few and finally one landed and I managed to get one shot, lots of small Coppers about along with a few dragonflies and numerous other butterflies.

Purple Hairstreak

Small Copper

Hopefully now I have that photo in the bag I shall get back to some half decent walkabouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...