Saturday 29 September 2018

Been quiet of late

Quiet lately, I've been busy, but also the fields are quiet, butterflies and dragonflies are all but finished for the year, just need the leaves to fall now and we shall be into Autumn, hopefully then get a few bird shots from my walkabouts.

This past week or so I have seen many hunting displays from the kestrel, but never near enough for me to get a decent shot, also the buzzards are plentiful.
Had my first trip to Upton Warren the other day for over 12 months, was hoping to see a kingfisher and a short eared owl, but drew a blank on both, intend making several visits to this fabulous reserve over the coming months though.
This morning I started putting down some bird seed in a new spot, hoping I may attract something different.

Stone Pool

Pleased to spot this Hummingbird hawk moth.

Blue tit

Great tit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...