Friday 22 February 2019

Harvington and Chaddesley

Friday 22nd Feb

Quick look up by Captains early on, quite foggy but I couldn't see anything different on the pool, a work party was just setting up so doubtful anything would arrive today.
The GS Woodpecker was really busy drumming all over the reserve.
Popped down to the three pools, little bits of frog spawn on the middle pool, but just as I arrived a heron flew off, so I expect he went away with a full stomach!
2 nuthatches on the walk back up to Captains, but nothing else of note to speak about.
A walkabout later on and again I spotted the fox along with another, shame they were too far away and heavily obscured.
I had a couple of walkabouts on the afternoon, first round Chaddesley Woods, actually saw many birds today, mainly the more common ones but was nice to see.
Then I popped to my friend's farm at Harvington for my final walkabout, for some reason all the sheep came running towards me when I got near to them.
Lots of bird life around but didn't spot a buzzard, but all in all a very pleasant walk.

Captain's Pool

Red House Farm

Red House Farm

Love this tree on Red House Farm

Red House Farm

Red House Farm

Field near to Chaddesley Woods

Chaddesley Woods

 Chaddesley Woods

Chaddesley Woods

Chaddesley Woods

Chaddesley Woods

Poor distant shot of 2 foxes at Spennells

Distant shot of the fox which was barking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...