Wednesday 13 March 2019

Female GC Grebe is back

Wednesday 13th March

Cloudy start with bright periods, stayed like this most of the day but the wind got stronger and stronger from late morning onwards.
Not much about in the reserves and the same as usual up Captain's Pool although I did see a heron fly overheard.
Female GC Grebe still having nothing to do with the male, mind you I don't blame her, think the weather needs to warm up a bit before that happens.


Buzzard down by Amada, seeing one or two of these in that area on a regular basis.

Just good friends

The pecker

Drying off

Bad hair day in the wind


Tuesday 12th March

Very wet this morning so I stayed indoors, brightened up after lunch so had a walk around Captain's Pool, glad to see that the female GC Grebe had returned but still having nothing to do with the male.
Cormorant present again along with a dozen or so Canadian Geese, otherwise very very quiet.

I have been told by some of the fishermen that they have seen adders alongside the pool, now to me that area doesn't seem a likely habitat for adders but I shall be keeping my eyes open and will be posting here if I do see any signs.

Female Great Crested Grebe

Cormorant

Cormorant

Scarlet Elf Cup (Sarcoscypha coccinea)

Crow with a tree for nesting purposes

Just after the sun had gone down and yes both GC Grebes were still present, but not much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...