Sunday 3 March 2019

One Gooseander

Sunday March 3rd
A right miserable start to the day, but I ventured out in the rain, I must be mad!
My bridge camera tucked under my coat and that is where it stayed.
Around the reserves it was very quiet and same for up the newly sown carrot field which I believe has been planted with spring onions.
Captain's was quiet again, the one GC grebe still chasing round after the other, the male's cry was now sounding more desperate, a GS Woodpecker was drumming away in Pirates wood, I also observed a wren working on it's nest.
I may update this blog later all depends on the weather but that looks doubtful at the moment.

Saturday March 2nd

Brief bit of sunshine early on and then quite dull and occasional drizzle for the rest of the day.
Had a walkabout down by the three pools reserves and also over the big fields but all was very quiet.
Buzzards very active down Stanklyn Lane but light was dull so no decent photos.
Walk around Captain's Pool was also quiet, the Grebes were still chasing round the pool, did spot one Kingfisher but again it didn't settle, have identified a few possible spots round the back of the island where I may have a chance of seeing it settle so shall be spending some time sitting and watching.

Pic from my phone in poor light, taken from the last fishing peg.


Friday March 1st 2019

Dull times again, popped up the pool first, but not much about, the Grebes are still chasing round the pool!
One Gooseander dropped in and then flew off again a few minutes later.
Afternoon was exceptionally quiet, sorry not a lot else to report, didn't feel up to a really good walkabout, hopefully tomorrow.





2 comments:

  1. This change in weather is miserable. We were spoiled with that mild spell. Good to see your still getting out there though Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to get out as often as I can Jason, back over the fields tomorrow all being well.

    ReplyDelete

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...