Friday 8 January 2021

Catching up

October 2020

My first post for a while, but hoping now to post on a regular basis again.

Most of the past six months or so I have been busy taking photographs of headstones, several thousand actually from over 70 churchyards which I have been uploading to findagrave.com family history is a pastime I have been involved with for some 40 years now and it is still as addictive as when I started.

Most of the time I let my photography do the talking.

This is an interesting one, taken from a different angle than you would usually see, it is Bird's nest Fungus, it is that small it is very hard to find let along photograph.


Couple more fungus shots, while I admire some experts who spend hours on their hands and knees looking for fungus, I'm afraid that doesn't float my boat as I like to walk and see what comes my way.


waxcap

 Chaddesley Woods on a sunny October day.


Captain's Pool which I walk past every day, always find the best time to photograph this pool is about an hour before the sun sets, the low sun really does something special with the lighting.

The old railway bridge at Dowles (Bewdley), if you ever walk to here, just pop across the field to the old site of Dowles Church, no church now but some interesting old headstones.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...