Tuesday 13 July 2021

New camera.

 Been a quiet month, had the odd few days out, spent a few hours in Evesham and on the way popped to Wick and found this lovely field, shame it was dull when we arrived.

Took these next two photos with my new compact camera, Sony RX100M2, very very pleased so far, it is as sharp as they come, main reason for buying it is that it will fit into my trouser pocket quite easily, I've never used a camera so small, will keep you informed on how it goes.

Now thinking of buying an attachment which will enable me to use some close up filters, the macro on this will get me in as close as 5cm, the two hoverfly shots here I have cropped by well over 100% and they are still very sharp.

Marmalade hoverfly by Captain's Pool, literally millions of these about at the moment as the majority migrate from Europe.

Scaeva Pyrastri also by Captains, love the markings on this hoverfly.

A selfie from my new Drone, daughter got me this for my birthday, lot more practice needed, camera seems impressive, so hoping to post a few drone shots soon.
Note, I was sat in a field but no crop on this part and as my mate is the farmer I just sat where he told me, plus he was there helping me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...