Friday 22 December 2017

Foggy morning

An early start this morning, not for a walk though, off into town to get the food shopping sorted for Christmas, was hoping to avoid the rush, wrong!
Anyway I finally managed to get out for my walkabout around 10am, very foggy morning, but still enjoyed a wander round, struggling with Neuralgia so was well wrapped up and didn't stay out too long.
Here's how Captain's Pool looked


Knew as soon as I left the house I wasn't going to get any decent photos, but would be interesting to see what was about.

Don't know much about fungus but this little clump looked interesting.
Possibly wood ear fungus?


First bird was a robin.


Did see a few flocks of birds, lots of starlings, chaffinches, skylarks nd crows, saw s few jays and plenty of great tits, got a very poor image of a female bullfinch but no sign of the males.


Couple of shots of the misty trees



On the walk back I saw a redwing, a greater spotted woodpecker and a fieldfare and this squirrel who stopped to pose for his picture.

Sadly no sign of any raptors, possibly one over the paddocks but too misty to tell for sure, hopefully better weather tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...