Wednesday 20 December 2017

small walkabout

Grand-children day but managed to get a short walkabout in, a bright sunny morning but it didn't last very long, the cloud soon rolled in.
Basically walked the circumference of the carrot field, I did spot a kestrel flying low over the field, must have spooked the birds because I didn't see much else, a few chaffinches, the usual tits, lots of blackbirds and crows, surprised not to see a jay especially as they have been so active over the past month or so.
Did see a couple of nuthatches in the reserve neat to Captain's but too quick for me to get a photo, also saw a tree creeper in there but as the weather was dull as I was walking home I didn't even try to take a photo as it was too far away, plus I was already late for my return home.
I did take a few photos, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Here's a female blackbird.

Just hope my next visit is a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...