Tuesday 19 December 2017

Walkabouts up till Dec 19th 2017

A collective round up of my walkabouts round the Spennells fields and a few photos of my bird sightings.

Pleased to see my first bullfinch around the carrot field a couple of weeks ago and more than happy to get several photos of them, interesting that since then I have seen a pair of males quite often but to date only seen 1 female.
Other notable birds but no photos are kestrels, buzzards and sparrowhawks.
Birds which I have managed to get photos of recently are skylark, starlings, linnets, reed buntings, meadow pipit, chaffinch, goldfinch, wren, jay, robin, crow, sparrow, brambling, dunnock.

Hopefully I will now list what birds I see as I go along, I do try to get 3 or 4 walkabouts a week, but with the short days some of my walks tend to be very short.
If I do list a bird with the wrong name then I do hope someone will tell me, only getting into bird photography some 6 months ago I class myself as a complete beginner.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...