Thursday 18 January 2018

Kestrel time

Yet again a quick hour after work, so concentrated down Stonechats Lane, got camera out of the car and walked up to the Dead Man's allotment, blow me if it didn't rain whilst the sun was shining so strong, managed a rainbow shot though, good job I had the bridge camera in me bag.
You may wonder what's in the bag, officially it's top secret but as you are all friends I can tell you some of it's contents, canon sx50 bridge camera, mixed bird seed, sunflower hearts, peanut butter, peanuts, spare batteries for cameras, cable releases, 20p as it fits the screw on the tripod head and of course a spare lighter for me smokes.
But please don't tell anyone what's in the bag, actually it is getting a little heavy to carry around, so currently looking for a smaller camera to replace the bridge, I love my landscapes and never know what may present itself, wife doesn't understand why I need another camera, come on it's a man thing!

Looking down Stonechats Lane, this one made the BBC Midlands weather tonight.

Only there a few minutes and then the kestrel appeared and this caused the birds to disappear.
Shame it was too far away while hovering as it would have made a cracking shot.

And below is my best one of the day, blimey this would have been painful if she had landed a couple of mm either way.

Till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...