Wednesday 17 January 2018

Couple very small walkabouts today, always tough to get out much early part of the week due to work, really bright sunshine this morning but managed a walk along Stonechats Lane, down by Devil's Gate it was very hectic with small birds, mainly chaffinches but wouldn't come near enough for me to even try and identify any of them.
Walking along the lane I saw lots of great tits and long tailed tits, as I hadn't got long I popped to the dead man's allotment, first this I saw was a kestrel flying over the far field, so a little quiet for a few minutes, then a goldfinch landed on the grasses.
 The stonechats were quite active but so was the sun so no decent shots, but managed a few half decent shots over the past 10 days or so, although I will still visit the allotment now and then I want to start walking more of the Spennells area in the hope of seeing a rare migrant before the winter is over.

That was that, trip now to Stourbridge to fetch Rosie from Kindy.
On return home I was granted permission to have a quick walk so popped up to Captain's Pool, saw Great Crested Grebe touring the margins.
A nose up the lane revealed standard small birds, looking over to the Grey Lady's Cloisters I saw 2 green woodpeckers and a fieldfare on the ground, a greater spotted woodpecker was in the tree by the pool. Then had a nose round the nature reserve, 2 bramblings, treecreeper, couple wrens, nuthatch and couple goldcrests, something large flew out the far end which I presume was a buzzard.
Here's hoping the next 10 days will be productive as I shall be on a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...