Sunday 21 January 2018

Spooky chill in the snow

What a horrible morning to wake up to, choices, work on clearing up the garage or go walkies, the latter won, it was raining when I left home but soon turned to snow, thought it was going to stop but it didn't, blimey it was cold.
I had a few ideas hence why I wanted to get out, a walk around the carrot field only to find it so quiet, got a few places in mind that I wanted to drop some food, had the bridge camera in my bag but wasn't expecting to use it.
A walk up past Edna's tomb and then down to Stonechats lane, snow slowly sticking on the tarmac and my feet were getting colder, had a quick look round the dead man's allotment and found that to be extremely quiet, hardly surprising, hardly anyone about at all let alone any birds.
So off home it was for a late breakfast, then trip to Redditch to pick up my latest camera purchase, don't tell the wife!

Nice and cosy at home and spent the afternoon watching the snooker, was dark when the afternoon interval came along, but undeterred I went out again, wanted to see if any of the seed I had left had been taken, hard to tell with the torch, but I dropped some more to be on the safe side.
Didn't feel as cold as this morning, but felt chilly walking along the Grey Lady's Cloisters, kept getting the feeling that someone was watching me while walking back along there, I certainly quickened my step, now while I don't believe in ghosts I did not feel comfortable at all. 
. I nearly fell over when climbing back through the hedge, I certainly got the feeling someone was walking behind me.
I must get some new batteries for the torch, it started flickering a bit by the time I was down by the pool.
Grey Lady, utter nonsense, but roll on the spring, I don't like these cold dark nights.

I was told by an elderly gentleman ages ago about the grey lady who walks along here at night, hmmm, whatever I thought

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...