Thursday 25 January 2018

Stormy day

I should have named this blog 'The art of getting wet', because for sure I am an expert at getting soaked.
The day started with taking the wife shopping and then I managed an hour or so before lunch, a stroll along the Cloisters revealed not a lot so a stroll up to Edna's Tomb and it was the usual activity, lots of tits, dunnocks, robin, fieldfare and a few redwings.
I did see four people this morning who said they had seen a corn bunting and a merlin!
I saw the stonechats in the dead man's allotment, wonder where they have been the past few days.
Reports that 25 bramblings were spotted yesterday, but I didn't see them today.
No photos from this morning though, back home for lunch and promptly back out again as the sun was shining as I wanted to try out my new carbon fibre monopod.

 The weather starting to look a little dodgy.

Great tit with a nut.

Robin giving me the eye.

Female Chaffinch.

Was walking along Stonechats Lane when it started to spit with rain, I did stay out far too long, but I was living in hope of spotting the merlin which is the UK's smallest raptor, but it wasn't to be.
Rain started to come down quite heavily so it was a quick march toward home, I did spot a different bird up Christmas Lane and after checking my book it could possibly have been a corn bunting.
By the time I got home I was soaked through to the skin.

The one below I took on the way back from Stourbridge yesterday afternoon, it made the BBC weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...