Sunday 14 January 2018

Another cold and dull day.

Well what a cold and dull day, I started out around 8.30ish, had a look at Captains Pool, loads of gulls, ducks and geese, one at the far end was this male gooseander was a long way out so quality not the best.

I walked up the lane to Edna's Tomb, a few birds in the area, goldfinches, couple fieldfare and other small birds.



Then a stroll along Stonechats Lane revealed not much at all, lot's of goldfinches in the dead man's allotment.
Couple stonechats in the distance, a wren in the vicinity and also a raptor flew past, probably a buzzard but it did seem very small to be one of those.




From there I walked up the carrot field, usually lots about round there, but today unusually quiet, walked down to the swamp and made my way back home through the Grey Lady's Cloisters, another quick look at the pool, but still quiet there, a canadian goose having a clean, so it was time for coffee and lunch.

The weather was still dull after lunch so I just had 90 minutes or so at the Dead Man's allotment, the stonechats were showing but they didn't come that close and the light being so poor meant no quality images, this was my favourite from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...