Sunday 18 February 2018

Quiet weekend

Yes a quiet weekend, Saturday wasn't too bad and on reflection I should have gone for a walkabout instead of spending most of the day trying to get some birds in flight.
This stonechat was my best shot of the day which doesn't say a lot for the others.

Poor photo as it was so far away.

A short walk on the saturday saw me start at Captains, couple of gooseanders at the top end of the pool, the gaps in the hedge at the bottom of the lane have been filled in, but they won't stay for that very long I'm sure, on my walk back I noted some of the branches had been removed.
Top of the lane by Edna's Tomb were long tailed tits and some corn buntings (I think).
Lots of people roaming around with scopes and bins and a couple of people with long lenses, it's always busy round here at this time of the year.
Bottom fields were full of starlings, fieldfare and redwings.

Sunday 18.02.2018

With a touch of light in the sky I set off with just the bridge camera, intentions of walking to Shenstone via Stone, the dead man's allotment was covered with a flock of finches of which the bulk were goldfinches, could well have been other species amongst them.

A steady walk along stonechats lane revealed nothing apart from lots of crows, not even a raptor in sight, walked up through Stone, even when it's dull it's a pleasant walk, but then the drizzle came, not a lot but enough to make me turn round, a few pictures below show how dull it was, hope my next walk is more exciting.






This is as far as I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...