Sunday 18 March 2018

Severn valley spring gaa and the snow returns

Saturday 17.03.18
The second day of the Spring Gala so decided to go over the rifle range to get some photos of steam engines, little did I know how changeable the weather was going to be, it was cold so I wrapped up really warm, but it got colder and colder. Went from bright sunshine to a snow blizzard within seconds and vice versa.
Was hoping for a pic of King Edward, I did get one but light was very poor and the wind was blowing the wrong way, oh well there's always another day.
These were my only real acceptable images.





The next ones are images of the rifle range and will show how changeable the weather was.










This is what it was like on my walk back to the car!

Sunday 18.03.2018

A decent fall of snow overnight, so I decided to go for a walkabout, didn't stay out too long though.
Captains was deserted and not many birds about, hardly surprising as it was yuk out there.





Goy home and put some seed out on the patio, quite a few birds were hungry judging by the speed they arrived. Here's the first visitors.
 Fingers crossed Spring weather arrives soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...