Tuesday 31 July 2018

sunflowers

Tuesday 31st July

Well here we are the last day of July, bit of a mixed bag today, light showers but warm.

Had a nice walk up to Captains and up to the Corn fields, popped down and had a stroll along Stonechat's Lane, but apart from a few magpies there wasn't much to be seen in the way of birds.
So a long slow stroll back up the carrot field, lots of common blue butterflies around along with gatekeepers and large whites, noticed the ferns are turning colour, could be signs of an early autumn.
Up along the muck heaps I did spot several sunflowers dotted around, such a pleasure to see these.


A stroll down to Stone Pool, the field was full of hay bales all ready and waiting to be collected, always nice to see this sight but means we are slowly getting toward the end of Summer.

From top of corn field with Titterstone Clee Hill in the backgroud.

Looking towards Captains Pool

Looking toward Stone Pool, you can see why I enjoy my walks.

Lilies are abundant in Stone Pool, surprised to see no-one fishing on such a pleasant day.

From the pool I made my way back along the Cloisters where I spotted a lone Red Kite, lost sight of him though as he flew behind the tree line.
Did spot more sunflowers in the field though, hope we shall see more of them, Captain's was very quiet so it was off home for a cup of brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...