Saturday 28 July 2018

quiet week

Been a very hot and humid week so only been walking around Captain's and the Cloisters, hopefully fresher next week and can get back to some decent walks.

Three images here not far from Captains which were used by the BBC for the weather programme.




Common Darter

Seen mainly the usual suspects over the field, purple hairstreaks perched on the brambles by the pool, holly blues, common blues and brown argus still about, lots of speckled woods and gatekeepers still around, but haven't seen many large skippers this year, I'm still living in hope that I might see something rare, but I've been beaten by the sun this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...