Tuesday 7 August 2018

yet another warm walkabout

Monday 6th August

Only had time for just over an hour this morning, started off cool and soon  got quite hot.
A nose around Captains and a walk along the Cloisters, but only went as far as Dead Man's Pool this morning.
Have been watching one small area as I have now spotted a couple of small brown butterflies, similar colour to large skipper, but something tells me they are not skippers, yet to get a photo though, probably nothing special but you never know.
Plenty of common blues around, but haven't seen a purple hairstreak for a couple of weeks now.

Yellow shell moth

Male common blue

Heron on a freshly broken branch, Captains Pool

Tuesday 7th July

Another warm one, did my usual walk up to Stone Pool, but didn't see a great deal, lots of white butterflies, few common blues and skippers, lots of young long tail tits around, saw a buzzard fly low over the field by Stone Pool.
Did see a few birds by the Dead Man's Pool which I think might have been Chiff chaffs.
Some nice looking carp cruising by the island in Stone Pool, keeps making me think of starting fishing again.

Black tailed Skimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...