Sunday 9 December 2018

Quiet times

Been quiet the past month or so, I get this cough every year as soon as the leaves start falling, similar to hay fever, but it is now easing off as it usually does, thankfully.

Been a walkabout this morning and yesterday, on Captain's there have been up to 6 Gooseander and also 2 Cormorants, no decent photos of them as they are always too far away, try and get close and they are off.

I did note yesterday a flock of around a thousand birds over the fields, this was only a part of it.


Also of note I have seen fieldfare, lots of redwings, linnetts, chaffinch, goldfinch, kestrel, buzzards and possibly a merlin.

This photo is from this afternoon of the wood that runs alongside Captain's Pool, looks lovely in the low winter sun, taken on my old samsung phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...