Friday 25 January 2019

Another Dull Day

Friday 25th Jan

Yet another dull day, it show promise early on whilst we were gardening, so off I ventured on a good walkabout, first stop as usual at the pool, but still quiet there, same as the corn field, even the Edna's stump area was very quiet, a couple buzzards were down Stanklyn Lane, a fair walk around the patch and I didn't see much at all, no sign of any of the flocks that have been in the area.

Still it was an enjoyable walk and wasn't that cold, here's hoping for something of interest soon.
Sod's law as I am writing this up the sky is finally brightening at the same time as the sun is going down.

Hints of blue and some mist at Captain's.

This was as bright as it got down Stanklyn.

Sparrow

Robin which I wish was sharper.

A curious robin

At the end of the day the sky brightened, as all my equipment had been put away I had a stroll up the pool just armed with my camera.

A Cygnet had appeared.

Taken with my back to the pool.

Thursday 24th Jan

Brief report from today.
Captain's still frozen over, lots of gulls about and most of the ducks up the island end as it didn't seem to be froze up there.
Couple of photos from by Pirates Wood, Dunnock hopping about but wouldn't settle for a portrait, was mostly very quiet round there and still oh so cold, so headed back home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...