Wednesday 23 January 2019

Frosty Day

Wednesday 23rd Jan 2018

Very frosty start, bit of snow through the night and hail storm around tea time last night made for treacherous conditions, I have somehow caught a cough and cold so didn't venture out too early, oly went out because I saw 6 ducks fly over my house and they didn't look like mallards, so I wrapped up extremely well and moseyed up to the pool.
Pool frozen over pretty well but didn't see anything unusual, someone arrived around the same time as me to feed the ducks so I took a few pics and then got myself back home pretty darn smartish.







This Goldfinch along with loads more were in a Silver Birch tree not far from my house., for the technically minded this was taken with a Canon sx50 Bridge Camera, bird was high up in the tree and I have also given it a good crop. Extended fully to 1200mm and shot at 400 ISO, sat on sofa at the time, quite pleased as it was shot through glass and handheld, never under estimate the power of a bridge camera under the right conditions.

Have developed a bad cold past couple days, so touch and go if I will be out and about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...