Thursday 17 January 2019

Meadow Pipits

Thursday 17th January
Well I was up early this morning, again!
Just as it started getting light I could pick out 3 Gooseanders really close in the side near the dam wall, of course they quickly moved as I got closer.
I was up there early for the sunrise but with no clouds in the sky it was a bit non-descript.
Did see about 50 Canadian Geese drop in but with a 12mm lens on the camera I had no chance of a photo, amazes me the noise they make when they land or take off and also before the sun came up saw a large flock of birds fly over, possibly starlings.
A stroll after breakfast and I saw a Red Kite heading in the direction of Bromsgrove, few flocks over the fields but not as large as I have seen recently.
Also spotted buzzards, a kestrel and couple Bramblings by Pirates Wood, plus all the usual suspects.
A walk up railway field end again making notes for my map which I will be starting soon.
Sunrise


Posing Robin

Black headed gull

Reflecting Robin

Black headed Gull

Goldfinch

Canadian Goose just arriving

Finally a Dunnock just yards from my home,



Wednesday 16th
Again a dull start, popped up the pool just as it was getting light, but only saw Canadian Geese and Mallards, spookily quiet today.
After breakfast as it was still dull I had a wander down the front of the estate with my book and made some notes and sketches for my map.
Met up with Dave A and we wandered over the golf course, enjoyed a chat as we walked, but we didn't see anything interesting and by the time I got home I was soaked, oh dear, the rain did come down.

Tuesday 15th Jan 2019.

Usual walkabout today and still very quiet over the fields and down Stanklyn, 12 Meadow pipits on the wires at the dead man's allotment, still a good flock of Linnets over the carrot field.

Saw lots of Chaffinch, a few long tail tits and couple nuthatches in Ghost Lane.

Captain's Pool was very quiet, but did hear a Greater spotted woodpecker drumming in Pirate's Wood.

Meadow Pipits from a long way off and awful light.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...