Sunday 20 January 2019

Gloomy weekend

Sunday 20th January 2019

Another drab start to the day, but undeterred off I went, first Captain's, very quiet on there, just Mallards, Gulls and Canadian Geese, from there I wandered up Ghost Lane, few Chaffinch and couple of Nuthatch at the Captain's End, the top of the field was surprisingly quiet.
Got down to Stanklyn and walked towards Stone, lone buzzard on telegraph pole, quite a way away so just record shot.

 Down in the wood by Stanklyn House, quite active with a lot of Goldfinch, also heard Greater Spotted woodpeccker drumming away but I didn't see it.
Got so far toward Stone Church but with it so dismal I turned back and walked the other end of the Lane towards the Railway field, saw couple redwings and thrushes and another buzzard, fields were very quiet, did see one small flock of what I think were Linnets on my way back home.
Checked Captain's again but still so quiet.

Saturday 19th Jan

Awful dull drizzly start but I popped up Captain's to see if anything new had popped in, there was, we had 6 Tufted ducks, sorry about quality, far end of the pool in awful light.
Must admit I'm starting to get fed up with this awful weather.

Record shot of 6 Tufted

One of many black headed gulls, nothing shy about these birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...