Tuesday 1 January 2019

New Years Day 2019


A dull start to the year, but didn't deter me from doing a couple of hours walkabout.
Sorry about poor photos but light was so dull.

A walk by Captain's to start off as I usually do, apart from a Gooseander the pool was very quiet, up over the fields it was also quiet, hung around by the Dead Man's allotment for a while just in case the stonechat was about, but it wasn't, I then wandered up Stanklyn Lane, got to the spot where we saw the Green Woodpecker but everywhere was just so quiet, took a few record shots of the oak tree.
I then retraced my steps until the bad bend then turned left and checked out the old barns, blimey how quiet was this today, a stroll up to Stone Church and then returned down to the carrot field.

From there I wandered up Heath Lane, a lot of pigeons about up here, unusual though not to see the buzzard, got out the makings and made a roll up and rested for 10 minutes or so.

Down to the carrot field which apart from a flock of approx 100 Linnets was also quiet and still very dull, not the best of days but a lovely walk to start 2019.

Not sure I shall get out tomorrow as we have the grand-children for the day.

I love the shape of this tree and although this is a poor photo I have set myself the challenge of getting a decent image of it this year.


Linnets

Linnets

Linnet (I think)

Hopefully another post on thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...