Wednesday 18 September 2019

Getting cooler

Tuesday Sept 17th

Very quiet round and about hence I have also been quiet.

The Great Crested Grebes have all gone from the pool, few Mallards, couple coots and couple moorhens remain.
There are however a lot of dragonflies still about, I saw loads this afternoon.

Had a walk around Harvington this evening, over a period of about 30 minutes I must have saw at least 200 Canadian Geese fly over in the direction of Bromsgrove, no idea where they came from though, they were in groups of 10-20 approx.

This shot is about 100 yards from Harvington Hall just after the sun had gone to bed.

Hope to post again soon providing I see something worth posting about.

Sunday September 08

Sunny and cool all day, spent a few hours by the pool, saw couple of Jays and just the usuals, sadly didn't see a Kingfisher, the  Great Crested Grebe chicks are all doing well and fishing for themselves.
Heron was only catching tiddlers but was fun watching, I do manage to get reasonably close, living in hope that he/she will catch an eel or a snake one day.







And what a beautiful end to the day, this was around 7.30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...