Sunday 15 March 2020

Greater Spotted Woodpeckers and Terrapin

Tuesday 10th March 2020

A walkabout round the nature reserves was pleasant, nuthatches and jays, a glimpse of a Muntjac, plus I saw 3 GS Woodpeckers, great to hear their drumming sound, Spring is here perhaps.

Wednesday 11th March
Corona Virus is getting very worrying now, just hope that GB doesn't get it as bad as other parts of the world.
Walkabout was pleasant once again but the high winds kept the small birds in hiding, GS Woodpeckers still drumming, GC Grebes must be almost ready for mating, as far as I can see the nest is ready.
Again I spotted a pair of Jays in a few different places, buzzards soaring high in the sky over the three pools and down Stanklyn Lane.
First sighting of the year of one of the Terrapins on Captain's, he must have thought it was warm, I certainly didn't think so.



Friday 13th March

Nice warmish day for a change, walkabout all round the Spennells area, Jays, Nuthatches, GS Woodpeckers, my fist sighting of a Treecreeper this year, plus all the usuals, was just so nice though to see the occasional bit of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...