Friday 23 February 2018

Frosty and cold day out over the fields

Saw some bright light through the bedroom window so although I was nice and warm I jumped out of me bed, quick cup of brew and was off out and up the pool, love seeing the sunlight looking like this on the way.

Not surprised when I saw part of the pool froze over, but love it when the sun is shining low like this.


Love the eyes on the heron, so piercing

Nice to see the Great Crested Grebes wandering round the pool, a touch too far away to get a decent shot.

Had to take the wife shopping this morning, so time was pressing and reluctantly went back home for a nice warm drink then a visit to town, shopping and stocked up with bird seed.

Then a quick hour or so before lunch, walked up the lane to Edna's Tomb, found a new log on the way so set that up but with only seeing one bird in just under an hour I gave that up and went for a walkabout, along the foxes run past the sale field which was rather noisy today, a steady walk down to the fishing pool and then past the swamp, along the grey lady's cloisters and finally back home. 
Think that is the quietest walkabout I've ever had, part of one of my regular walks and hardly see a bird.
This is the biggest bird I saw this morning.

Undeterred I had lunch and went back out again, set the log up again at Edna's Tomb, did get 3 birds this time, saw a couple of bramblings, missed a shot as I was talking :-) 
Saw Kestrel a few times and plenty of passing birds overhead, most of which looked like finches.


This little blue tit was getting a bit greedy, that peanut i almost as big as his head!

Always nice to see the dunnock.

Even the robin only showed once which is very unusual.

Quite a few photographers and birders wandering around again.
Had a walk down to the dead man's allotment where I met Jason, had a chat for a while and then called it a day, it was so cold, nice brisk walk back up Christmas Lane and was soon back in the house with a nice hot cup of brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...