Wednesday 21 March 2018

Nuthatch making a nest

Off out for a good walkabout this morning, sun was up early and so was I, saw the grebes out in the distance on the pool, but nothing else apart from the usual ducks.


Had a walk into the reserve but was very squelchy underfoot so I didn't venture too far.

Down by the pools it was still frozen and this pic was used on the national news at lunchtime.

A wren sat nicely for me albeit a little too far away.

Had a walk along Spennells Valley Road and around the stream footpaths hoping to see the kingfisher, I did spot him though but only had the bridge camera at the time and by the time I had focused he had gone, never mind there's always tomorrow.

The sun still shining and an hour or so to spare before the school run so popped out again with the big lens, luckily I spotted this nuthatch digging out it's nest (I think), will be keeping my eyes on this.
Some photos below, light was a bit harsh though.





A quick visit later on and the nuthatch was nowhere to be seen, but this great tit was there, mind you I wasn't there long as I was about to do the second school run.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...