Friday 20 April 2018

Weather has to get better, doesn't it?


A really nice sunny start today, this was my view after I entered the top of the corn field, just love this view looking toward the Abberley Hills, sadly the weather went dull after this, hopefully forecasters are right and will improve this week.
Tuseday 17.04.2018
Well with work this evening and the weather being crap I decided to stay indoors and try and sort out a workflow for my infrared images in Affinity, I think I may now have the basics of something to work with. 
Here are a couple from last week, taken in Cookley alongside the Staffs Worcs canal.




Just hope weather is going to improve as I have some new filters to try on my full spectrum converted camera, fingers crossed for tomorrow.
For anyone interested the camera I use for most of my IR work is a 15 year old Olympus bridge camera, C5060, 5 mega pixels and still works a treat.
I also have a Sony a200 which is converted to 720 nm.
Years ago with film cameras the use of an IR filter meant the use of a tripod because of the extremely slow shutter speeds, now though with digital and the sensor being changed to IR you cannot tell the difference in shutter speeds to a normal camera.

Wednesday 18th April
A walkabout early this morning, saw buzzard, kestrel and possibly a merlin up by the pipeworks in Heath Lane, on way back down saw 4 yellowhammers, saw 2 more of these along Stonechats Lane.
Very quiet otherwise.
This afternoon on school run I drove along Whittington Hall Lane where I took this image, was so warm by now, about 24 degrees, was used by the BBC for the weather.

Tried my new IR filters out but not too impressed, but not giving up with them just yet, with infrared you need the conditions just right, well I do anyway.

Thursday 19th April
Lovely start to the day, skies soon burned off to leave it just looking like summer blue.



Nice to see the white bells out.

Got myself in place last night waiting for the muntjac to appear and this fella popped along instead, got some mange as you can see by the tail so have sent off for some treatment, not the best of photos as I was quite a way off, am going to move closer tonight.

Friday 20th April
A busy day but managed a few photos, first two are of the Tufted ducks on Captain's Pool.


A trip then to St Michaels at Stourport, like wandering round there as I am still looking for ancestor.s graves, found and photographed another possible today.
This is the view from off Chapel bridge.

Here's a busy bee from the graveyard.

And so back to Spennells, sat in wait for the fox, but no joy tonight, saw a heron and pheasant in the distance..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...