Saturday 25 August 2018

Migrant Hawker

Saturday 25th August

Well it was a beautiful start to the day, so after breakfast I promptly made my way out for my usual walkabout, to be honest I'm not expecting to see a lot now, but the walk does me good, weather dropped off a bit after a short while, quite chilly again, walked as far as Stone Pool then a slow return checking if anything was lurking in the hedgerows.
Results of my travels today are below.

Saw a Cormorant in Captain's on my return but apart from that Captain's was very quiet as usual.
Tomorrow looks like a wet day so may not get out much.












Friday 24th August 2018

Dry start so off I went for my usual stroll, got as far as the Dead Man's pool and then the heavens opened, sheltered under the large oak for a while until it eased off and after assessing the sky I decided to make my way back home.
I did manage a couple of shots.
Tiger Crane fly

Red legged shieldbug.

Tried again after lunch and although the weather had improved didn't see much at all, I met up with Jason hoping we would see the small brown butterflies, but no luck, quick nose around Stone Pool and called it a day.
Change in the weather, I had my body warmer on!

This was the sky on the way back home.



Thursday 23rd August.

Hit and miss weather today, kept looking like rain but thankfully it's didn't rain, mind you we had a fair bit overnight.
A walkabout over my favourite part of Spennells revealed the images below, plus I saw one common blue, one holly blue, a lot more birds around including some very noisy jays, watched a Heron glide into the Dead Man's Pool.
Also saw two small brown butterflies but just cannot get close to them, they are on the wing all the time.


Sunfly

Migrant Hawker

Icheumon Wasp

Hoverfly

Lunchtime

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...