Friday 31 August 2018

Dragonflies

Friday 31 August

Well here we are at the last day of August and white a nice start to the day.
And true to form my allergy has kicked in again, usually around three times a year so out has come the prevalin nasal spray, the way it feels at the moment it may be a few days before I get out again, may have to go pounding the streets to keep away from the foliage for a while, hopefully it won't last long.
My usual walk today, up to Captains which is very quiet at the moment so off across the Grey Lady's Cloisters, nice large white in nice condition was my first sighting, a couple of common blues around and also a few small coppers.
Walked up past the Dead Man's pool where I saw the biggest hornet that I have ever seen, it was enormous, and to Stone Pool, quite a few common darters around and couple migrant hawkers, got a few pics of a migrant hawker on way back near to Captain's Pool.

Migrant Hawker

Migrant Hawker

Migrant Hawker

Large White

Small Copper

And finally a bee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hoverflies

 The weekend of 14/15th May 2022. Sorry I've been neglecting my blog again, health issues keep getting in the way, so for now am working...